The township of Barham was settled from 1843 and was officially gazetted as a village in 1882. In line with the extension to the railways at the time and further settlement in the Riverina region, it is thought that the first Church was built in Barham in 1908. One of only two humble mud brick churches in the area, the church of St John the Evangelist was built voluntarily by the townspeople. In 1929, the Parish of Barham was officially declared and was brought under the care of Diocese of Riverina.
The current church building of St John the Evangelist began construction in 1956, and was opened and dedicated in 1957. We continue to hold services here as well as at three other churches in the Parish every Sunday.
St John the Evangelist, Barham – Sunday 10.00 am
St Paul’s, Koondrook – Sunday 8.00 am
St Luke’s,Wakool – Sunday 11.30 am
St Martin’s, Moulemein – Sunday 2.00 pm
Contact person: Rev’d Neale Sommersby
Telephone number: 0497 359 576
Address: PO Box 129, Barham, NSW 2732